Our Front End team is looking for help on our React component library built on our Design System. Here we are looking for colleagues with a passion for the intersection of design and engineering. Our component library is used by all our internal teams as well as external engineers building their own customized solutions. Even more important than your technical qualification: You want to join (and learn from) a skilled, agile team that believes in having fun, giving back to the community, and collaborating in an open, supportive environment! Sounds good? Here's a snapshot of our tech stack! You can also find our component library called UI Kit here.
About your new role
- Work on a modular and scalable component library enabling our internal and external teams
- Conceptualize and develop features from start to finish in collaboration with designers and product owners
- Analyze and discuss requirements for trade-off technical approaches and be part of an agile team responsible for its complete development process
- Collaborate with developers to conceptualize and improve APIs of existing components while defining their release process and migration strategies
- Perform integration tests (react-testing-library) and visual regression testing (snapshots using Percy)
Things the team is excited about?
- Caring about the user as much as enabling other engineers
- Keeping things consistent using Regression Testing with Percy (blog post)
- CSS-in-JS and specifically Emotion (blog post)
- Bundle size optimizations and migrating to a mono-repo
Do you have any questions regarding the role, our company, culture or work environment? Feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Manager Janosch (+49172 2631438)!
commercetools is the world’s leading platform for next-generation B2C and B2B commerce. To break the market out of being restrained by legacy suites, commercetools invented a headless, API-first, multi-tenant SaaS commerce platform that is cloud native and uses flexible microservices. This enables customers to deliver the best commerce experiences across all touchpoints.
Founded in Germany in 2006, commercetools has worldwide offices spanning the US, Europe and Asia Pacific, with a customer base of Fortune Global 500 companies across industries.